Web Developer / Programmer
We are looking to hire a skilled Web developer to program and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress/Shopify themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To be a successful web developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating responsive website architecture.
- Developing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Ability to write custom WordPress plugins.
- Manage web hosting cPanels.
- Adding SEO content to websites.
- Editing/Creating zone files in DNS records.
- Adding code snippets to websites for tracking purposes such as Google Analytics.
- Migrating websites to hosting environments.
- Managing products on eCommerce platforms (WooCommerce/Shopify/Magento).
- Implement website security plugins.
- Creating & maintaining Shopify themes.
- Generating dynamic XML sitemaps.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
Web Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a Web developer.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Good communication skills.
If you share the following Core Values and have the aforementioned skills, then Eden is the perfect place to grow your career:
We take a team focused approach to every project. It takes collaboration within our team and with our clients to help businesses achieve their vision and grow.
We have an always- learning attitude- always learning new trends within our industry, and always learning with our clients to help them stand out, get noticed and grow.
We analyze in order to optimize and amplify in every area of service we provide.
Everything we do has a purpose, and we are driven by results.
Our creative touch differentiates us and our clients, and makes our work magnetic – drawing the attention of exactly who needs to notice it.
If this describes you and you’re excited by the thought of helping clients grow their businesses successfully, then apply immediately!