In today’s digital world, there are still some holdouts who have resisted building a website for their business. What good reasons are there for not having a website and online presence? Here are the most reasonable excuses for not having a website:
- Your business is top secret and you don’t want anybody to find out about it!
- You’re so busy running your business and trying to make ends meet that you don’t have the time nor money to collaborate with a professional website development team that would build you a web presence that will drive more leads to your business.
You’re so busy trying to figure out how to manage your business; you wouldn’t be able to manage those new leads, anyway!
- You haven’t upgraded to a smartphone yet. You definitely don’t have iPhone or Samsung (your trusty flip phone works just fine, right?) So you wouldn’t understand that most people surf the web, research, and purchase products or services on their phone. You’re still doing business through faxes. Your business definitely wouldn’t be able to handle the influx of inquiries you would get through website forms, email campaign or immediate sales through an eCommerce site.
- You believe that your target market will only be able to find your business by driving past your location or hearing about your business through a referral. You certainly don’t believe that someone would be searching for your products or services on the Internet, and you clearly haven’t used Google maps to find a local business, so you don’t understand local search is common practice these days, especially on smart phones.
- Last but not least, you are scared of CHANGE! The web and all its capabilities change and evolve at a rapid pace. You would need a whole team to keep up with this constant evolution, or your business might seem outdated. You are simply not ready for a big CHANGE in the way you do business and market your brand.
The bottom line: If you’re scared of CHANGE, you may as well NOT be in business.
All of the above things indicate you’re not thinking about changing with the times and keeping your business fresh and relevant.
The world is constantly changing, and the web is continually evolving with technology and consumer behavior. How many times do you personally go onto Google to look something up? Or, how many times a day do you check your social media? It’s an omnipresent habit that has infiltrated our culture.
To stay in the game and continue to grow, your business must capture attention online by building a website that reflects the needs of your consumers today. Essentially, your website needs to present your business in a way that makes people want to connect with you, and ultimately become a customer.
Here is what’s needed today to keep your business current:
- You need to be ready to design and program a website with mobile capabilities, in addition to desktop and tablet capabilities. For this, Google recommends a responsive website design.
- You need to have a website that is easily found on search engines, when people search for keywords relevant to your business.
- You need to use the right social media channels to connect with your target demographics. Check out this helpful social media infographic to determine which social media channels will work for your business and industry.
- You need to run a steady email marketing to keep your business top of mind and stay connected to your existing customers.
If you’re not willing to work on these key online marketing foundations for your business then you may as well NOT have a website for your business. And it may be time to reevaluate your business and where it’s headed.
However, if you are looking to grow your business and generate targeted leads to increase sales, then it’s time to connect with Eden. We can build you an optimized website and implement an effective online marketing strategy from the get go! For a free website evaluation and 30 minute consultation, contact us or call 1-800-844-0106.